Is a Tactical Vest the Same as a Plate Carrier?
There has been very much confusion among the people about the tactical vest and plate carrier. Due to somewhat similar designs, everyone considers them to be the same. But the fact is, they are not the same. You can observe many points that are helpful to differentiate them.
Let's elaborate on those differentiating factors of the tactical vest and plate carrier.
What do you assume from the tactical vest? Tactical vests contain zips in front and serve as storage for guns and pistols. Even you can keep the cross-draw holster in front of the vest.
There are multiple compartments and pouches already present, increasing the ease of keeping pistols. On one side compartment or pockets, you can keep the pistols and guns, while on the other side is designed for putting the first aid kit and survival supplies.
You might wonder if the compartments might make it lose. Do you think like that? If yes, you are wrong. They are fixed and tight, making it easy to run away from danger without losing the balance.
The plate carrier is a somewhat different tool from the tactical vests. It not only keeps the ballistic plates but also protects the person from the bullets.
They have multiple parts in which you can keep survival inventory. Due to high safety plans, you can use it in the danger zone and protect yourself from dangerous situations. They look bulky and heavyweight, and in actuality, they are because of protection plates in the vest.
So, you need to purchase them from branded manufacturers like GloryFire for a better experience.
The primary difference
If you are unable to decide whether you should choose the tactical vest or plate, here are differentiating points that will highlight which one you will need. Based on these differences, you can select the best one option available for you.
Material is an integral component in differentiating both tools.
Tactical vests usually comprise foams, polyester material, and ceramics for primary protection. They are lightweight and less density is due to their material.
The plate carries the ceramics, polyester fibers, polyethylene, and steel present for high-grade protection. Since all these materials are heavy, you can expect them to be heavyweight and difficult to wear.
Weight can help us differentiate the tactical vest from the plate carrier.
Tactical vests are usually lightweight. This fact is their primary purpose is to carry the first aid supplies and guns to a greater extent. Moreover, storage items are not much heavier, making it a lighter design than the plate carrier.
A plate carrier has many plates or ceramic materials. Due to heavy protection systems installed, the plate carriers appear weighty and make it difficult to wear. However, you can reduce weight by carrying only the required items.
Molle or Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment are also special pouches and carrying equipment.
Tactical vests don't have the Molle. When purchasing the tactical vests, you must order a customized molle for carrying the tools.
In the case of carrier plates, molle is an essential part. You can keep the tools in the molle. To reduce the overall weight of the plate carrier, you should use limited pouches and compartments.
· Heat Consideration
Especially in the summer season, heat is a crucial factor to focus on. You need to sweat heavily, making it uncomfortable to wear the vests or plater.
However, in the case of vests, there is a mechanism for sweating. It makes the cooling process easier wearing it in hot summer.
When it comes to plate carriers, it is a bit different scenario. They do not have cooling mechanisms. So, it can be challenging to wear them in hot weather.
· Easy to Wear
When it comes to easy-to-wear, many factors contribute to this scenario—for example, the vest weight, size, and thickness.
In the case of tactical vests, you have lightweight vests with fit size and less thickening. It makes them favorable for wearing and running.
Plate carriers present the exact opposite scenario. They are thick, heavyweight, and challenging to wear. Your running slows down when wearing them. So, check it out!
· Protection level
Protection level is an essential factor when you are in combat. Continuous firing makes you afraid in such situations.
Tactical bullets have the fundamental bullet protection. You can't achieve higher levels of protection. In the case of protection-level II-A, you will get only basic protection from the hollow bullets. For advanced protection, you need to choose either plate carrier or advanced level vests.
Plate carriers are specifically designed for this purpose. They offer military-grade protection making it easy to achieve higher levels of security.
Concealability is a factor that changes a person's thinking about the vests and plate carriers.
Tactical vests are usually thin and easy to conceal under your professional uniform. Some vests are thicker as well. They can not be concealed. So, choose everything accordingly.
Plate carriers are heavyweight and thicker, making it difficult to conceal them. So, you need to wear them outside of your uniform.
Which one is better?
We can not decide without keeping multiple factors in mind. For example, if you need safety from the front bullets, a plate would be the best option. If you want to keep the items, tactical vests would be the best choice. So, it all depends on your preference, what you need, and how you need it.
Usually, due to lightweight, quality materials, and relevant features, tactical vests are a better option. For advanced-level security, you can buy advanced-level tactical vests.
Best Tactical Vest to Buy
There are hundreds of types of vests out there. Even though there are many brands, popular ones ensure the quality of tactical vests. So, I have listed one of those brands for tactical vests that would be helpful for you to buy.
- HIGH QUALITY: The tactical vest composed of 1000D fabric, high-tensile strength thread, and webbing is equipped with a map pouch and three modular heavy-duty mag panels.It comes with two stable side straps as well as adjustable padded shoulder straps. Airsoft vests are fully padded with breathable 3D mesh, which are comfortable and keep you cool by allowing air circulation.
- FUNCTIONAL-RAPID OPEN:This tactical vest is built with rapid-open connectors on the shoulders and waist that make it easy to quickly put it on and take it off. The unique cummerbund features integrated pockets that can even be accessed through the side pla-te for added protection in case it's required. The ideal training tool for combat training, field work, shooting, hiking, camping, extreme challenges, and military fans alike.
- MOLLE SYSTEM: Throughout the military vest, there are MOLLE webbing attachment points and optional personalization options. Map pockets with snap-and-hook closures keep important documents within reach, and pla-te pockets offer easy access to soft pocket as needed. Shock-cords and cord locks can be hidden in the back of the vest, not only can the waist and size be adjusted, it can also enhance the feeling of comfort.
- PERFECT SIZE: Adjustable shoulder strap and cummerbund fit most people from size S to XXXL size: maximum waist 52 inches, minimum waist 32 inches. Retro kit integrates seamlessly with carriers that use hook-and-loop flap systems to fit different waist sizes. In addition, waist belts and shoulder straps can also achieve the effect you want.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: This army vest is a very nice gift. We provide a one-year warranty. If you encountered any quality issues regarding this tactical vest, please contact us immediately and we will make every effort to resolve your issue until you are satisfied.